Friday, October 30, 2009

Andrew = funny guy

We just had our garden tilled under and prepped for the winter. Our neighbor came over with his big tractor and did it while we were at work (there went my cosmos). Some of the 100+ fish that we had buried hadn't quite decomposed completely yet and some of the remains had been tilled to the surface. This probably isn't too bad it will probably just help stir this natural fertilizer and make the garden better. Only one problem...Charlie.

Charlie seems to really like to roll in this fish and thinks it smells nice as he seems to make sure it covers everything on his body. I let him in the house when I got home from work yesterday and quickly realized the vomit inducing stench that he carried. We had this problem already on Monday and I gave him a very thorough soapy bath that still didn't clear all of the stink. Poor Charlie probably thought I hated him as I ran and refused to touch him when he tried to get his hello's from me. I just stared Andrew down and begged him to give Charlie a bath (since I had JUST given him one). Andrew for a long time didn't seem to care and claimed that he could barely smell it. I know this was a lie...it was infecting the whole house. After laughing and noticing that I had been scowling since I walked in the door he did something about it.

I saw Charlie run into the room rubbing his fur against the carpet (like he does after a bath) only it had only been a few moments since he left. He came and jumped up on my lap and he was a little wet. I asked Andrew what he did. He washed Charlie down with a wash cloth and then sprayed him down with Fabreeze. Lol. It did help. I will be giving Charlie a real bath when I get home today.

3 comments:

Cali said...

My husband always pretends not to smell it too, then he doesn't have to clean it.

We got rid of the cat.

(Okay, he does clean up, but why do I feel like I'm the only one with a sense of smell sometimes...)

Wynter said...

lol, thats funny. We have to fight Gracie NOT to shower every time one of us jumps in she tries. So she usually ends up with a bath 3 times a week. She is to quick for us. ;)

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Okay, I laughed right out loud! I have sprayed Lexi with Fabreeze before too! (Just not due to a fish stench...that would make me want to vomit as well)

yeah,...still chuckling here.