I know someone that often when I read their blog I think that they are fairly negative and the half-empty sort. Knowing that I don't prefer to read half-empty material, I try to keep mine upbeat and speak of the good things.
Today I am going to be honest. True to my thoughts and feelings that may honestly be considered half-empty. They may be judged.
This month Andrew and I will be blissfully and happily married for 3 years. Hoping to add a kid to the mix for 2. Many many times during the day I have to remind myself of the wonderful husband I have, the great jobs I have been blessed with, ward, family etc. I have to remind myself all the time because I am so obsessed with wanting to have a little baby that it consumes any spare thought that I might have.
I pretend every time I hear someone gets pregnant to smile and be civil. I truly am happy for those people...really I am. It doesn't make my situation any easier. At first I found it really easy to not be bitter. I wouldn't really consider myself bitter now, but I find myself withdrawing from friends and family who are so lucky to get their chances at parenthood. I purposely don't check blogs of friends that are moving into that phase of life (at what seems to be lightening speed). It is hard and I often feel left behind. Like the kid who didn't get invited to the party, but everyone else did.
My dog just had nine puppies (ha!) who would ever thought I would be jealous of my dog. Man I sound really pathetic. Count your many blessings name them one by one. They come when they are supposed to. Have faith and trust in God's plan for you. Pray for patience.
I don't want to belittle any trials that many of you may have, but just remember to be grateful for the little ones that you may have. There are many of us that would love to have some, so when you feel you are on your last straw....remember just how valuable that little person really is.
I found out today that two of my reading student had been offered cigarettes by their parents. One of them was pretending with his pencil. They are 6. I told them they should tell their parents to stop they will get so sick, and they said they had tried. It is amazing to look into those innocent little faces and realize the future that lies ahead of them when you hear these things. Ironic.
I'm tired of crying about it. Half of me still wants it so bad, and the other half is ready to give up. If I'm not trying then I can't be disappointed.
:) I always think of those stories where these valiant women suffer all these trials with no complaint....I guess I'm not trying very hard. I really should do better. It is probably that I am selfish and want this for myself. I shouldn't be thinking about myself so much. Maybe if I had something to distract me into selfless work....you know like a KID...(just kidding).
I'm not writing any of this for sympathy, mostly just to be honest with myself and not "pretend" that everything is sugar-coated and perfect. I am going to keep trying to better myself and not be so selfish in my thoughts and allow myself to wallow. Onward Christian Soldiers...Ask and ye shall receive, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.
11 comments:
I love you DeAnna!
I love you too.. =) You will be a great mom one day. I don't know how you feel and I wont pretend to, but I love you and I am always here for you and I want you to be a part of my life and I want you to be a part of Laklyns. You are a wonderful spiritual person that I look up to and one day God will open the door for you to have children. Who knows maybe you are suppose to take some of these kids that have wicked mothers and bring them up in your home where you can love and teach them right from wrong that so many others couldn't do half as well as you can. =) I will pray for you. Let me know if you need anything, girls week.. free pedi/manis ;)
DeAnna!! I know EXACTLY how you feel! We should talk! Love you!
I sure hope it's not my blog you are talking about. :)
I wish I had some insightful, comforting words, but alas, I don't. Even having been through the hell that is infertility for a number of years now I still feel inadequate to help.
What I do know is that there is a point where it becomes more manageable. That hurt isn't so much a stab as its a dull ache. The scars never go away, but it'll get easier.
I pray for you and I cry with you. I wish I could do something more, and if you need anything, even just someone to talk to, I'm always around. Email, phone, text, gchat, whatever you need.
I don't know if you saw but I'm compiling a book of stories from women struggling to start their families.
I would love for you to be a part of it.
Again, you are in my thoughts, always.
Shoot me an email if you want about the book.
kennagoesemo(at)gmail(dot)com
I know it's easy to say, but your day will come.
Heavenly Father has his spirit children waiting to come down to you. Apparently though he has other plans for you two that is delaying parenthood for a short while.
Stay strong:)
I can't say that I know what you are going through but I DO know that you have the strength to make it through this trial and I love you very much!
DeAnna- We know exactly how you feel. We tried for 4.5 yrs with many, many disappointments. We were just blessed with our little man who didn't come to us so easily as well. Also, my twin sister has been trying for 6 yrs with no luck so if you need to talk we know exactly what you are going through. Patience is the hardest thing. There is a site that I was on that was great. www.fertilityties.com Many woman who are going through the exact same thing as you.
I love you, DeAnna. I pray for you every day. My heart is with you.
You know what is funny? I am jealous of people like you that get to have so much time with their husbands. My time for that will come but right now most of the time I just miss him even when he is home. I wish that I could go back to when we were dating sometimes. But at the same time I wouldn't trade my kids for anything. I wish you luck and honestly think of you daily and pray that your time for kids will come soon. (as will Tina's) Love you. You are amazing.
DeAnna Lee Shaw, I know you didn't write that for sympathy but I just want you to know that I think about you and Andrew, and other friends who are dealing with the same struggle often. I've thought occasionally of how I could help. I even thought, what if I was blessed with twins...I could give one of them to ______. I eventually came to the conclusion that I couldn't seperate my babies as much as I wanted to pretend that I could. But you aren't forgotten in your struggle. I hope hope hope that you will not withdraw from me. I want you to feel comfortable with talking about this and anything else whenever. This life has many ups and downs and family will ALWAYS be there to help you through it. I love you DeAnna and will pray for you.
I totally just saw Kenna's comment...I am glad I am not the only one who thought it was me...
/sigh
I am struggling to know what to write to you. All I can say is that I have been where you are.
I too withdrew from friends and family. It just became to difficult to deal with. It was hard to hear others being pregnant and talk about this or that related to pregnancy. Being happy for them...but being totally torn apart inside for my longing of that special blessing for myself.
I have found comfort in reading stories written by Ardeth Kapp. Ardeth and her husband Heber have never had children. Both their testimonies have strengthened mine when times have gotten tough. When the hurt & ache in my heart is so bad that nothing can take the pain away.
It has taken me 5 years to come to terms with the grief and pain that we might not ever have children. I am at peace with it now. Time heals all wounds. I still have days where I get that tinge, but they are few and far between. I know that if I never have children in this life I will be okay. Heavenly father still loves me. I am still a worthwhile individual that can contribute to helping raise children in my ward, teaching them in Sunday school, having one or two sit with us in Sacrament meeting, or playing with them in the hall between classes.
I know that its hard. But know that it gonna get easier. I love you D!
Jessica
Post a Comment