Last week proved to be an interesting one. I was home sick on Monday, which is only the 2nd time I have done that since I started working at Northern Title 2 years ago. I am 95% certain I have IBS (acts up especially during your menstrual cycle), which was why I was so bad on Monday. My lower intestines were very sensitive to touch, which included bending over, coughing etc. It was very painful, I left work almost buckled over in pain. later realized that buckled over was the least comfortable position. After a hot bath and warm drink I felt a little better. I wasn’t much better the next day, but there was no way I could stand laying on the couch for another day. I was so sick of daytime T.V. I decided to work anyway and luckily I could sit in just the right position at work that I didn’t have to move much.
We also added 2 chickens to the family on Tuesday…we means Andrew in this case. But we also gave away all but 1 kitten (phew!) so I am pleased about that. I think we are even going to keep that one and get rid of the “wild” not as nice one that we sort of adopted.
Wednesday I got a call from Millville Elementary that asked if I would be interested in an Art Specialist position at their Elementary School! I was determined to not accept any part-time positions and have actually turned some down, but an ART teacher! I couldn’t say no. I told them I would ask my husband and at least meet with them the next day. Andrew said we probably could do it, but we would need to be able to continue working at Northern the other half of the time.
Thursday I went to the interview and it went really well, you can just tell if you connect well, which I did in this interview. They called me and offered me the job that afternoon. (P.S. School started Thursday, so they were in a bit of a rush to get this done) Unfortunately David, my boss, was out of town and I couldn’t ask him anything, which I explained to them, but told them I would take it contingent on whether I could stay at Northern.
Friday-Sunday: I was nervous in anticipation of talking to David on Monday. Andrew left me for 2 days to go scouting for Elk. Alishia and I did some family pictures for a co-worker, that I think turned out cute.
Monday: I talked to David this morning and he said he would let me know today. He seemed understanding of the situation and respected the opportunity and its importance in getting into a full-time teaching position. That brings us up to date and I have no more than 4 hours to wait to find out if I will be an official art teacher or not…sigh..it’s a killer. I have prayed about it and have felt really good about everything and felt like everything would work out fine, including the finances. J Pretty happy about it.
4 comments:
I hope things work out for you. I hate the anticipation of waiting, it makes me sick, literally.
Can't wait to hear what happens:)
Wow Deanna how exciting!! Please let me know how things turn out! I am glad your posted because I need you to do it more often so we can keep up to date. I am going through Deann withdrawals since I moved to Pokie!
DeAnna, I need your email. Can you please email me at mindywarren@gmail.com. Thanks.
Sorry you feel sick cuz. Too bad that daytime TV stinks. I'm so excited for the art teacher position! Maybe you'll have time during those class periods to do your own artwork as well! Oh, art. So great. We should start up a blog together of art inspirations and ideas. I've found that not being in art classes has made it hard to focus and create!
Post a Comment